|Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum
By Larry Anders, Librarian, Tampa PC Users Group
The best just keeps getting better. Several years ago, when I got my first CD
burner, Easy CD Creator (EZCD) came in the box with the burner. It was not the latest
version, but it didnt take me long to realize this was to be a software package that
I would become very familiar with. Because I had that older version of EZCD that came with
my burner I was qualified to buy the upgrade, which I did, the same day I got my burner.
I put off purchasing my first burner for quite a while, mainly because of the cost, and
also because it was a whole new world of computing that I knew nothing about. But they
dont call it Easy CD Creator for nothing. Within 5 minutes of installing my first
version I had burned my first CD. Now thats EASY!
Suffice it to say that Adaptec, which I guess now goes by the name of Roxio, has always
tried to make EZCD your one stop shopping for CD burning software. And with version 5
Platinum theyve gotten enough software to let you do things on CD that you probably
never thought you would or could.
As I indicated in the title, this is more of a summary than a review. Heres what
you get with Easy CD Creator 5 and some of the things you can do:
- Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum (of course but hold on to your hat!) Easily
creates data, audio and multimedia CDs on your PC.
- SoundStream 2 Enhances the sound quality of MP3 files or records from analog
(phonograph, tape or microphone) or digital sources while filtering out the pops, clicks
and hisses. Loudness balancing for tracks from disparate sources. Save CDs to HD to create
a virtual jukebox of compressed CDs on your computer.
- Direct CD Save directly to a CD as if it were a hard drive. Previously, this type of
CD could only be read by another CD burner using Direct CD but now it will automatically
"make-writable" on eject so that basically any CD reader can read it.
- Take Two Use your CD-R/RW Drive to recover from hard disk disasters.
- Spin Doctor Turns your scratchy LPs into Digital quality CDs (nearly).
- CD Copier Copy directly from one CD to another, but remember
if you don't own
the rights, copying commercial CDs to sell or give away is illegal. Recordable CDs created
with such material should be for personal use only.
- VideoImpression Easy to use video editing features such as trimming, combine, text
overlay and transitions to video clips. Includes MPEG 1 video encoder to save video in the
correct format for VideoCD Creator.
- Photo Relay (which includes Photo Album and Video Postcard ) Make your own photo
albums adding sound and narration or email video postcards that any PC can view without
any special software.
- VideoCD Creator Become a Hollywood director and make your own videos with your very
own multimedia studio. You can edit video clips, add text or apply transitions between
- CD Label Creator When youre all done creating, make your very own labels to
cover your newly created CDs and CD cases.
- Sound Editor You not only have the ability to edit video but audio as well.
- Session Selector You dont have to burn a CD all at once any longer. Start it
now and finish it later by starting a new session.
- Web-CheckUp With EZCD youre always assured of having the latest updates. Just
go to the website and give yourself a check-up.
You can also download Internet music, including MP3 tracks, and record to your own
CD's, create MP3s from your own music CDs, back up important files such as spreadsheets
and financial data (or other important files), and free up valuable hard drive space by
moving large files such as audio, graphic and multimedia files to CD.
These are only some of the things you can do with EZCD Creator. For $99 street price
($49 upgrade), its hard to beat Roxios Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum. If you
havent tried it, try it. If you have, then its time to upgrade and burn, burn,